The big night is upon us for us movie buffs. The Superbowl for movie watchers. The big dance. The Academy Awards are tonight!!!
Here are a couple of recipes that are a healthier twist on some old favourites. For the wing lovers in your group, we have here a new and improved version. Healthy and the chickens get to keep their wings!
Spicy Cauliflower Bites or as we like to call them, Vegan wings.
1 head of organic cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup rice flour
1 cup hot sauce
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F
2. In a small bowl combine the water, flour, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
3. Coat the cauliflower florets with the above mixture and place in a shallow dish.
4. Bake for 18 minutes.
5. While baking, combine the hot sauce and olive oil in a small bowl. Remove cauliflower from the oven and pour hot sauce and olive oil all over the cauliflower until evenly coated.
6. Place cauliflower back in the oven and continue to bake for 5-8 more minutes.
Serve with the following Vegan Ranch Dip
1 cup Vegenaise
1/2 cup vegan sour cream
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tbsp fresh dill
1 tbsp fresh chives
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp black pepper-pinch
1. Place Veganaise, sour cream, Worchestershire sacue and vinegar in small bowl and fold in remaining herbs and spices until well blended.
Even the biggest wing fan will fall for these!