Val was in baking mode this week! And she tried out a recipe for Simple Oat Cookies. She made a few tweeks (she added chocolate!) and shared them with us 🙂
Nothing like the smell of fresh baked cookies. These are super easy and super good. The recipe was taken out of Deliciously Ella, by Ella Woodword.
3 large, ripe bananas
4 heaping tablespoons of almond butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
2 1/4 cups oats
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Mash them with a fork until they are smooth.
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and the vanilla to the bananas and mix well until a sticky mix forms, at which point, stir in the oats. Mix until evenly mixed then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once the oats are totally covered and nicely sticky, grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and then
- scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the tray, using your hands to spread them out into cookie shapes. They should be nice and thin so that they become crunchy.
- Once all the cookies are on the sheet, place it into the oven and bake 18-20 minutes, until the cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
The cookies have a nice crispy outside and a yummy chewy inside. Give them a try and let us know how they are! Or if you change it up and add stuff to them, we would love to hear it.