So I have been bugging my friend and running buddy Rayanne for a recipe contribution to our blog as I have been the lucky recipient of some taste testing of her cooking many times. I was pleasantly surprised when she showed up for our Wednesday night run with these amazing looking baked stuffed tomatoes and a recipe card!
The stuffed tomatoes not only looked amazing but they were locally grown, as in from her backyard garden.
2 cups cooked Basmati rice
1/2 cup cooked corn
1/2 cup lentils (canned are fine to use here)
6 red and yellow medium sized tomatoes
2 tablespoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese (as much as your heart desires)
Spice – curry, basil, rosemary, turmeric and salt and pepper – The spices are really as your individual taste desires.
- Scrape out the guts of the tomatoes and reserve the pulp
- In a skillet, toss everything in except the cheese, even the pulp gets thrown in the mix. combine for about 10 minutes on medium.
- Put the mixture into the tomato shells and put the Parmesan on top.
- Put onto cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes at 375 F
- Turn that broiler on for 2 minutes just to get a little browning on the top.
- Serve with herbs, yogurt or sour cream.
Well, I came home that night from our run and heated one of these up. So GOOD! They were delicious and the method and recipe seems super easy to do. I am definitely going to give this a try at home.
Let us know if you have stuffed your tomatoes with anything else? We would love to try out your versions too.