We have a thing for peanut butter.
There I said it. Peanut butter is a just something that finds its way into a lot of our recipes. Peanut butter just works so well to bind and to flavour cookies, muffins or other treats that we keep coming back to it. I eat it every day; mainly on toast but I have been known to have a spoonful now and again.
Our cookie recipe today is the one and only peanut butter cookie. This recipe is made gluten free but you can use regular flour if you prefer. The fact that there aren’t any eggs in it the recipe also makes it vegan too!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter and brown sugar for 1 minute. Add in the vanilla extract and beat for another 30 seconds.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (rice flour, baking soda, and salt).
- While beating the peanut butter mixture, slowly add in the rice flour mixture and beat until a crumby dough forms. Add in the almond milk and continue to beat until distributed. Do not over mix.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls (about 1½ – 2 tablespoons per cookie), drop on parchment paper, and flatten with a fork one way and then the other to create a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
These babies turn out so good!