Raw Chocolate Almond Coconut Cookies
This raw food cookie is soft and oh so delicious! If you love chocolate the way we do, then this one will make your brain very happy! We adore raw food recipes that don’t require a dehydrator, especially ones with a small list of ingredients.
If you love a mocha flavor, simply soak the dates in freshly made hot espresso or brewed coffee instead of plain water.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4 cup filtered warm water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups natural almond butter
- 30 raw almonds or pecans
optional: hemp hearts, raw coconut, chopped pistachios/almonds or pecans to decorate cookies
- Place the dates in a medium sized bowl and pour 3/4 cup filtered warm water over the dates. Stir in a tsp of vanilla and soak for 30 minutes until dates are soft.
- Add dates and water to a blender or food processor and blend for 60 seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and add coconut. Process mixture until evenly combined and fairly smooth.
- Transfer date mixture into a large bowl and add cacao powder, mix until evenly combined.
- Add almond butter, and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Using a large tablespoon or medium sized ice cream scoop, portion dough into round balls. Place each ball on a flat serving plate and flatten with the palm of your clean hands.
- To decorate place an almond or pecan in the middle of the cookie and press into the dough.
I like to mix things up and make some with almonds and some with pecans. You can roll the cookie in hemp hearts or raw coconut for additional texture. You may also exchange the almond butter for tahini.
These are delicious kept in the fridge or freezer. They do not completely freeze due to the almond butter content, and personally I love eating them straight from the freezer.
They will keep for a week in the fridge or 4-6 weeks in the freezer if they last that long, but I have a feeling ours won’t. 😉