Chai Spice cookies…like a cup of chai tea you can eat!
The end of Cookie Month is here sadly, but we are finishing with an amazing Chai Spice Cookie! So if you like tea and if you like cookies…you’ll get them all in one bite!
A delicious blend of your favourite spices, just enough sugar and some spelt flour blend up to make this beautiful nibble.
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl blend together flour, sugar, flax, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, milk, applesauce and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until all flour is absorbed.
- Using a tablespoon form dough into balls. Flatten dough with the back of a fork to half an inch (1 cm) thick.
- Place the cookies on baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake for 8 minutes.
- Place cookies on a cookie rack and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in a fridge for a week or freezer for 6 weeks.
You can rest a little easier knowing that these cookies are very low in sugar compared to most recipes.
We enjoyed this treat with a steamed Vanilla Almond Milk with a shot of espresso and maple syrup…you may say that they are the perfect match. 🙂
Thanks for following along with November’s Cookie month!
We hope you were able to take away a few good cookie recipes to try out or at least drool over.
December is almost upon us and we’ll be gearing up for the Holidays to bring some more recipes and other fun stuff…hint…it comes in a cocktail glass. 😉