Rose & Almond Body Lotion
Back to the Healing Kitchen
We make our way back into Val’s Healing kitchen for another homemade lotion recipe this time.
This rich lotion is blendedwith oil and rosewater. When trying this out, we recommend you be patient and start with a smaller batch as it takes a little effort to learn to emulsify the oil. The effort is worth it though! Your skin will stay moist and vibrant all day.
1 cup Sweet Almond Oil
3 tbsp shaved beeswax or pellets
1 cup rose water
30 drops rose essential oil (more or less depending on personal preference)
5 drops rosemary essential oil
1 tsp Vitamin-E oil
1 tsp arrowroot powder
1. Melt beeswax in a double boiler on medium-heat. Remove from heat and add almond oil. Whisk until evenly blended.
2. Pour the rosewater into a high speed blender, place the lid on but keep the section for pouring liquids in open.
3. Blend on high and very slowly add the melted beeswax/almond oil through the opening. Keep blending on high until the mixture emulsifies or thickens completely. This may take awhile, so be patient, Breathe in the scent..:), stretch or clean up the kitchen while this is mixing.
4. Reduce blender speed to low-medium and add the rosemary oil, vitamin-E and arrowroot powder and continue to blend until evenly mixed.
5. Scrape out all of the lotion using a silicone spatula and place in 4 x 4 ounce resealable jars or 2 x 8 ounce jars.
Treat yourself and a loved one to this luxurious and thoughtful gift. You don’t have to wait for Valentines day to share your love.