Soup Month has begun!!
We will strive to bring you some delicious soup or stew recipes that will be easy to make and yummy to eat! It may be cold outside, but the soup is heating up!
Let’s start with a flavourful soup to warm your insides.
Roasted Carrot & Cauliflower Soup with Lemon Ginger
- 10 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 X 398 ml can of coconut milk
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place carrots and cauliflower in a bowl and add the oil, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil and roast the vegetables for 20 minutes; stir then roast for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil and add curry powder along with the roasted vegetables. Reduce heat to medium, cover the soup with a lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and puree the soup with an immersion blender or puree in batches in a blender.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon zest and juice to the soup and stir until evenly blended.
Let us know if you give it a try!