One potato. Two potato. Three potato. Soup!
This soup has sweet potato, new white potato and a red pototo to give a super creamy consistency. Fresh rosemary and a dash of cayanne pepper to add an extra kick!
1 Sweet potato.
2 medium new white potato
2 medium red russet potato
1 spanish onion
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary-taken off stem
1/2 teaspoon of sage
1/2 teaspoon of cayanne pepper
2 cloves of garlic-minced
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
salt to taste
3 cups of vegetable broth
4 cups of water
- Peel and cube all the potatoes. Dice the onions.
- In a large pot, put in the coconut oil and diced onions on medium heat.
- Let the onions cook for a couple of minutes and then add the garlic.
- Cook until the onions are translucent
- Add the potatoes and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the broth and water and rosemary and spices.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and turn heat to medium/low and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pototoes are cooked.
- Take off heat and use an immersion blender or let cool a bit and pour into blender to cream the soup to desired creaminess.
Make a piece of toast and pour a bowl of soup!
We were so happy on how this soup turned out. It was creamy, hearty and just the right amount of spice to warm you through and through!