Taking a break from soup today and giving you a boost of energy…which we all need in February!
An easy peasy, no bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls!
This recipe will give you about 35 energy balls that keep well in the fridge or freezer to be used at just the right time! A mixture of seeds and pumpkin puree (which could be substituted with sweet potato), you’ll get a naturally sweetened treat.
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chopped & pitted dates
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Place the nuts and seeds in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse to chop into a fine meal.
- Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the food processor and process to chop and blend well.
- Add the nut meal and pulse several times until well combined.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer. Using a small melon ball scoop portion out 1 heaping tbsp at a time and form into balls, rolling with your hands.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Whip some of these babies up when you need a little sweet pick me up without refined sugar! A great pre-workout lift!