Chocolate is happening!
You can’t have Valentine’s Day without it ❤
We have a mind blowing recipe for Valentine Truffles…and did I mention, they are vegan!
80 grams of 100 percent cacao (baking chocolate) I used Chocosoltraders Gratitude Cacao
50 grams raw sugar
- peppermint or orange oil
- vanilla essence or powder
- cacao nibs
- chili & cinnamon powder
- dried fruits
- sea salt
- orange or lemon zest
To flavour…just use 2-3 drops of the oils or a pinch of spices.
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil and place a glass bowl in pot.
- Add the chocolate to the glass bowl, reduce heat and slowly melt the chocolate.
- Add the raw sugar and mix until well blended. If you want a smooth texture, blitz the sugar in a food processor until the sugar is really fine before adding the sugar. I like the old school style of chocolate, with a bit of texture.
- Add the liquid chocolate mixture to your chosen mold, one spoonful at a time just until chocolate is level with the top of each opening.
- Top each truffle with your flavour of choice. Today I decided to do a variety of options: chili & cinnamon, orange, peppermint and a vanilla truffle.
- Allow to cool completely before removing truffles from the mold. I like to place mine in the fridge for at least 30 minutes while doing the cleanup. Remove from the fridge, turn mold upside down and give it a gentle tap to loosen truffles or simply remove each one manually.
- If you haven’t eaten all of the truffles, store them in an air tight container, away from heat and light.
Note: The chocolate will sweat if left in the fridge too long. If this happens gently wipe the water off with a towel.
Are you ready for the finished product? Holy cow! Check these babies out!
They are almost too nice to share…;)