From our friend Sandy at Keep it Real Nutrition!!!
We posted a roasted cauliflower and carrot soup earlier this soup month so it may seem we are on repeat here, but I saw this recipe the other day and thought I’d share it as well.
If you’re strapped for time especially and you want to make a homemade soup, sometimes we opt on and crack open a can instead. With this recipe, you can have that homemade soup with really great ingredients and no invest a whole lot of time into it. Sometimes necessity of our busy lives gets us to look for some other ways to do things. So in that spirit, I would like to share a Creamy Cauliflower and Carrot soup!
- roughly chop onion
- two celery and a two carrots
- 1/2 tsp thyme,
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1.5-2 tbsp of butter, olive oil or ghee.
- 500g bag of frozen cauliflower
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Roughly chop an onion. Slice the stalks of celery and a peel and slice a few carrots
- Add in the spices.
- Put the veggies into a large pot with the butter or olive oil
- Add in the veggie broth and frozen cauliflower.
- Bring it up to a boil and then turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes
- Blend with an immersion blender to get that creamy consistency.
- Top with some parmesan or vegan parmesan and salt to taste.
We love to share recipes and this one stood out as we find ourselves sometimes short of time but don’t want to lose the goodness of fresh food.
Give both the recipes we have posted for Cauliflower and Carrot soup a try!