SOUP FOR YOU!!
sorry…had to do that…I have resisted until now but had to break out the Seinfeld…without the No!
Love the Moroccan spice!!! We have a beautiful spicy lentil soup for you today that is full of veggies and Moroccan spice!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups red lentils
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 X 15 ounce can chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 bay leaves
- 7 cups water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in large saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until onions are soft. Stir in lentils, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and paprika and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and liquid, honey, bay leaves, 7 cups water, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Cover pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes, or until lentils fall apart, and soup is thick. Add water to thin, if needed. Remove bay leaves; stir in lemon juice. Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
This recipe will make about 8 servings.
221 calories, 12 g protein, 5 g fat, 32 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber