What’s not to love about Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chips all together?
How about the fact that they are vegan and gluten free? OH and super easy to make!
Don’t be afraid! They really are easy!
and I have to say….
- ¾ cup peanut butter – we like to use the au naturale stuff.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Flax egg or other egg substitute.
- ¾ cup brown rice flour – other gf flours should do the trick as well, but maybe not white rice as the cookies may break apart too easily.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips- if you want to make sure they stay vegan, use Enjoy Life or Cococomino.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Heat the over to 350 F and parchment the cookie sheets.
- In a big bowl, whisk or use your stand mixer to whisk the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg all together.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Change your mixer to a paddle, or use a large spoon to mix the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Add in the vanilla, the oats and finally the chocolate chips.
- Form balls with the cookie dough and bake for 10-13 minutes on 350F
Once they have cooled, grab a stack and enjoy! They would even make a great little energy pick up before a work out or in the middle of the day when your head wants to hit the desk. Oh…is that just me? 😉