Cacao Banana Almond Ice Cream! It’s vegan and raw!
Val is in love with her new blender, and I don’t blame her…total blender envy going on here. 🙂 But now she comes up with these crazy recipes using her beloved blender that are awesome for us to share here!
In the mood for something sweet, creamy, chocolatey but you still want to stay on the path of healthy food? Maybe you don’t but even if you don’t…this recipe will not disappoint even the sweetest of sweet tooth.
- 4 medium frozen bananas, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 tbsp natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- Place frozen banana pieces, almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla in a high speed blender and pulse for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides as you go. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- You may serve right away or freeze for a few hours. Using an ice cream scoop, place ice cream in a small dessert dish or bowl and top with berries, cacao nibs and almonds.
Variations: This is also delicious made with coconut milk and served with coconut shavings.
I know it is cold outside…again… but ice cream taste good no matter when you have it!