Maple, Apple & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal!
Ok..what the heck is going on with the weather? One day it is nice, almost spring like and the next the temperatures drop 20 degrees and we’re freezing our buns off again!
The chilly weather is when we need to have something warm and lovely for breakfast. What could be more warm and lovely than Maple, Apple & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal?
The great thing about baked oatmeal, unlike making it by the bowl, is that you can make a big batch and store it, warm it and have some more for dessert!
- 2 1/2 cups large flake oats
- 2 1/2 cups plain Almond Milk
- 2 apples, peeled and shredded using the large side of a box shredder
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- pinch pink sea salt
- coconut oil for greasing baking dish
Preheated 350 F oven
- In a medium sized mixing bowl soak the oats in the Almond Milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Lightly coat a large baking dish with coconut oil and scoop the oatmeal mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with extra Almond milk, coconut milk, cashew cream & a drizzle of maple syrup if you need more sweetness.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 5 days or frozen in individual serving dishes.