Gluten Free? check!
Ginger & Molasses Cookie? check!
Tried out a new recipe for some Ginger and Molasses cookies today and thought I’d share it.
Usually I use brown rice flour but today, I did a mix of brown rice flour and some gluten free oat flour I made from gluten free oats. Just pulse some oats in a chopper or a food processor; you’ll end up with some nice oat flour that is a little more substantial than the rice flour that tends to be quite fine.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk, unsweetened, no flavour
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1/2 oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl, using a hand mixer, put in the coconut oil and brown sugar. Mix until creamed together.
- Add in the molasses, vinegar, almond milk and grape seed oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture.
- Measure out a teaspoon of dough and roll into a ball. Set on cookie sheet and flatten with fork. Sprinkle some granulated sugar on them and pop them into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes and grab a cup of tea and Enjoy!!