Val made cupcakes!!!!
In the mood for something sweet? This AMAZING recipe will not only satisfy that sweet craving but has no Gluten in it either for all you Celiacs out there…or if you just don’t want to eat the gluten!
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, diced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch pink sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place eggs in a medium glass mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the mashed banana, strawberry, coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes, then mix until evenly blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond meal, coconut, lemon zest, pink sea salt and dates.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, combine until evenly blended.
- Distribute the batter evenly and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before adding strawberry coconut cream.
*****The recipe can be made vegan***** Now Val has tried it with chia and although delicious the cupcake was a little denser than with the eggs. BUT….I have a feeling that Aquafaba (the brine in your can of chickpeas) may be exactly what we need to use to give them the extra fluffiness.
So I think this is going on the agenda….try this recipe with the aquafaba! Keep you guys posted!!!
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
Whip these ingredients together for a light and sweet icing!
You may use chilled coconut cream by blending a small can of full-fat coconut (drain excess water first before whisking the full-fat) and add 1 tsp vanilla & 2 tbsp maple syrup, whisk vigorously. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each muffin if you are eating them right away or refrigerate and add to muffins as needed.
Or…what the heck…do both 😉