Now for something Fast & Easy!
Salad people. I’m about Salad!
We are always looking for something fast for dinner through the week. You get home from work and have somewhere to be in an hour…what do you make? Also, what can you make that you can take for lunch tomorrow too?
Quinoa-Black Bean-Mango Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 mango
- 1 can black beans
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped greens of your choice (today I used Arugula)
- 1/2 English cucumber
- Cook the quinoa as usual. I put 2 cups of water on to boil. Then put in 1 cup of quinoa and turn down the heat to low and cover. Cook for about 13-15 minutes. Take off the heat and fluff up with a fork.
- Chop up the mango in small pieces and the cucumber and the greens
- Drain and rinse well your black beans
- Mix it ALLLL UP!
- Then I put in the lime juice and oil and salt to taste.
Now you can eat it all right away but I kind of like it better cold so it is the perfect lunch for tomorrow as well!!