You put the Banana in the Coconut and mix it all up!
And you get….
Banana Coconut Pancakes…Gluten Free!
Val was busy today making a beauty recipe for some Banana Coconut Pancakes. They are gluten free too! In fact, they are flour free 😉
Check these out!
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut (finely ground coconut)
- 1 cup Almond meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coconut oil for cooking
- Optional: wild blueberries, whipped coconut cream, cashew cream or yogurt for serving
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the coconut, almond meal, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder. Mix until well combined.
2. In a high speed blender or food processor add eggs, maple syrup, bananas and vanilla. Puree mixture until batter is light and fluffy.
3. Pour batter into the dry ingredients and blend until combined.
4. Lightly coat a pan or griddle with the coconut oil on medium heat. Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop out batter for each pancake. Cook the pancake until bubbles appear on the surface then flip over and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or until golden. This batter is more delicate than regular flour based pancakes, so handle each pancake with care. Don’t be tempted to make them larger than 1/4 cup at a time as they are hard to flip over without breaking. Add oil to the grill or pan as you finish cooking the remaining batter.
5. Keep warm and add fresh berries, cashew cream or yogurt & maple syrup before serving.
*I had frozen wild blueberries that I added to a few pancakes for variety.