Well Summer showed up!
Came in with a bang here! The temps are high and so cooking is not so fun when it is hot.
We love a good slaw here and find them so refreshing, especially in the heat of the summer. They go along so well with just about anything or eat them on their own!
Here is a super delicious carrot slaw that we hope you enjoy as much as we did!
Raw Carrot Slaw with a Lemon-Dijon Herb Vinaigrette
- 2 cups multi-coloured carrots, julienned (I used purple, orange, red & yellow carrots)
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Pour lemon juice into a small glass bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add garlic, Dijon, and honey and mix until evenly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl combine the carrots, onions, peppers, chives, parsley and tarragon, toss lightly.
- Add the olive/lemon vinaigrette to the vegetable slaw, toss until well coated. Add pumpkin seeds to garnish.
- You may substitute 1 cup of the julienned carrots for 1 cup of shredded Napa cabbage and replace the pumpkin seeds with sesame seeds for an alternate taste experience.
LOOKS SOOO GOOD!
Hope you enjoy this slaw. If you’re looking for another fresh summer salad with a little extra added to it, try the Roasted Sweet Potato, Pomegranate and Quinoa Salad! This one is so good as well but a little added protein to it!