Well…it is official! Summer 2017 has arrived!
So important to stay hydrated in the summer sun and heat. We posted a super simple way to jazz up your water with lemon and lavender! We added a little mint in there too but you can add whatever herbs and fruits you enjoy to make getting that water in a little more flavourful!
Val was experimenting with some other ways to get the hydration you need with some great flavours and fruits and flowers to give you some extra boost!
Who doesn’t like a good lemonade in the summer?!
Strawberry Lemonade with Goji Berry-Hibiscus Tonic
For the Tonic:
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup Goji berries
- 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 2 tsp rose water (optional)
- Raw honey
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- Juice and rind of two lemons
- Bring the water to a boil. Place goji berries and hibiscus flowers in a 4 cup glass bowl, add 4 cups of boiling water to cover and set aside to steep for an hour.
- Strain the mixture and reserve the solids for a second batch. You can reserve the plump goji berries and add them to smoothies or yogurt.
- Stir in the raw honey to taste @ 1 tbsp and the rose water if using.
- Add the tonic to a high speed blender along with the strawberries, lemon rind and juice. Puree on high until smooth, @ 60 seconds.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.