Me Want Cookies!
I had a hankering for a cookie tonight so I thought I would make some. Scanning the cupboard and then the blog for a recipe, I decided on a tried and true Ginger Molasses cookie. We have made them before and although the recipe was Gluten free before, we gave suggestions for the veganized version so I went with that…and here it is!
**also I used Brown Rice flour and Xantham gum instead of Quoinoa flour because that is all I had in the cupboard 🙂
- 2 cups Brown Rice Flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- *1/4 cup turbinado sugar for coating cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a medium sized bowl, cream the Earth Balance and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat the apple sauce and molasses into the margarine/sugar mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the brown rice flour, baking soda, xantham gum, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves; blend well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix well.
- Put in fridge for 1 hour if possible.
- Roll enough dough to form 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) balls. You can also use a medium sized melon ball scoop for more precise measuring.
- Flatten with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and bake on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes.
- The cookies should be slightly browned on the bottom when they are done.
- Let cookies cool for 2-3 minutes before removing them from the sheet. Allow to cool completely on a cookie rack.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or frozen for 4-6 weeks.