Rice Bowl made with Sweet Potato, grilled veggies, and Yves Sweet Potato and Chia bites.
So first, I need to apologize for being so lax in my posting of this recipe. I posted the Instagram picture last week! My bad…it won’t happen again..I promise!
We are into Summer 2017 and the BBQ’s are firing up!
Nothing like Grilled Veggies!
I become one with my grill basket during the summer months and throw just about anything into it.
So fire up that BBQ, get it warmed up and put your Grill Basket on.
We’re making some grilled veggie rice bowls!
- 1/2 purple onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 4 Cremini mushrooms
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups of water
- 8-10 Yves Sweet potato and Chia bites
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herb De Provence/Lavendar spice (but hey, you can use whatever spices you like!)
- 2 tablespoons Garam Masala
- Put the oven on 350F for the sweet potato.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato. Place in bowl with some olive oil and garam masala. Mix up so that the pieces are all covered. Place on baking sheet for 10 minutes, mix up and then another 10 minutes. The sweet potato will be soft when done. During the last 5 minutes, I threw in the Yves bites to heat them up but not necessary if you don’t want to.
- In the mean time….
- Chop the onion, mushroom and peppers. Place in a large bowl and put the olive oil and herb de provence in. Mix thoroughly to ensure they are all covered.
- Heat that BBQ up and put that grill basket on it.
- But I don’t have a grill basket…. 😦 It’s ok! After you have chopped your veggies, you can wrap them in foil and place on BBQ. You will need to flip it a few times to ensure they are not getting burnt on one side.
- Put the veggies in the basket or on the BBQ in foil. You want to grill them until they are tender. Set them aside when you are done.
- Put the water into a large sauce pan and put on high to get to a boil.
- Once boiling, put the rice in and cover it…Now don’t look at…Let it cook for about 13 minutes…this may differ depending on the rice you use so check the package but if you can avoid picking up that lid before it is done, the rice will turn out perfectly.
- Put a couple of scoops of the rice in a bowl. Place some grilled veggies, roasted sweet potato and Yves Bites on top.
- Drizzle with the Hot Balsamic dressing!
Hot Balsamic Dressing?!
Yes…and it is deelish.
Recipe for Hot Balsamic Dressing:
- In a jar with a lid, put in 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Add in 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of French’s Spicy Mustard.
- Shake it and use 🙂
What I love about rice bowls is that you can be so creative. The recipes are not written in stone so change it up as needed! Let us know what you have tried!