October is half way over already!
Although the weather hasn’t been too cool yet, it is on the horizon and we know what we are in for!
I was in the mood for some stew and thought I would give a veggie stew a try. You may think that it wouldn’t be as hearty as a meat based stew but it was amazing. Delicious and filling!
What is great about the veggie version is that you can add pretty much whatever veggies you have in the house. This recipe is also vegan as there is no dairy or egg included. AND also Gluten Free!
Enjoy with a nice piece of bread for a warm-you-up fall dinner.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed into about 2 cm cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed into about 2 cm cubes
- 1 green pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, rough chopped into chunky bits
- 2 heirloom carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 6 cups of veggie broth
- 2 teaspoons of rice flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large pot put the olive oil and put on medium heat.
- Rough chop the onion to give a fairly large piece. Put in the hot oil.
- Let the onions cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the veggies once prepared. Stir and combine them all together.
- Add in 5 cups of the broth and stir.
- Add in the rosemary and salt. Stir.
- In a separate small bowl, add the rice flour and the other cup of broth. Mix until you get a smooth mixture and the flour is combined completely.
- Pour flour mixture into the pot and stir thoroughly.
- Heat to a rolling boil, then turn down and cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Ladle into a bowl and enjoy!