I know it isn’t Taco Tuesday but hey, tomorrow is Tuesday so maybe you can use this recipe for your taco cravings!
Vegan and Gluten Free!
- Hard taco shells (you can certainly use soft ones, if you prefer)
- 1/2 brick of firm tofu-use a fork to crumble into a ‘scramble’ like consistency
- 1 can of black beans-rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 onion-diced
- 1/2 green pepper-diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (if you like it!)
- salt to taste
- vegan cheese, salsa, greens to garnish.
- Heat oven to 350 F and put the shells in for 5 minutes to crisp, if you are using the hard shell.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan on medium.
- Put the onions and peppers in the pan with oil.
- Cook onions and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Put in the crumbled tofu in and black beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Add all the spices and mix again.
- Cook for 10 minutes to get the spices all mixed and the beans and tofu heated up.
- Fill the taco shells and garnish with vegan cheese, salsa, hot sauce and greens!