We are all stuck for time through the week but we want to eat some home made, healthy foods. Here is a super yummy, one pan, 30 minute dish that is jam packed full of flavours, protein and veggies.
Make a big pan and have the left overs for lunch the next day!
- 1 1/4 cups of quinoa, uncooked (before cooking rinse well in a sieve until water runs clear)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp avocado or grapeseed oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small spanish onion (1/2 cup) diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato (2 cups) diced
- 1 x 14 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 whole fresh limes
- On medium-high heat warm the oil and add the onion, peppers, sweet potato and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent/soft. Add all of the spices and the quinoa, continue to cook and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked thoroughly.
- Turn the heat off and add the black beans and the juice of 1 lime.
- I like to serve it in a bowl with fresh cilantro, avocado and a dollop of sour cream, sprinkled with a few pumpkin seeds for crunch.
Serve as is in a bowl or in a warmed corn tortilla with the following serving options:
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Avocado, cubed
- Fresh tomatoes, diced
- Pumpkin seeds
- Vegan or regular sour cream