I scream…you scream…we all scream…..you know the rest!
How about a home made coconut ice cream 🙂
Silly question…of course you do.
The most wonderful about this recipe is that you know exactly what is in it. NO weird chemicals with bizarre names! Home made. Delicious.
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk, chilled for 24 hours in the fridge
- 1 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- In a high speed blender add chilled coconut milk, maple syrup, rose water then the berries.
- Puree on high speed until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Add cinnamon and blend until evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish and freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the mixture with an ice cream scoop and place in a resealable container until ready to serve.
- Before serving, let the ice cream sit out at room temperature for 5 minutes to make the scooping easier.
- Serve in a nice glass dish with fresh berries, cocoa nibs +/or small piece of crystallized ginger.
I had some vegan/gluten free meringues that I cut in half and placed on top of the ice cream along with a small piece of crystallized ginger.
I also included in the berry mixture a 1/4 cup of frozen sea buckthorn berries which gave it a nice ‘creamsicle’ taste.