So many veggies! So much flavour!
Here is another veggie packed, flavourful, quick, one pan dinner! We are all short of time but want to eat healthy. This is a great little dish to satisfy and fill you bellies!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of broccoli florets
- 1 cup of green beans, cut in half (diagonally)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 3’s (cut diagonally)
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 red chiles, deseeded and sliced
- 4 tbsp water
- In a small bowl mix the chickpea flour, garam masala, coriander, salt and ground cumin.
- Heat the oil on medium-heat in a non-stick pan; add the garlic, cumin seeds and red chilies, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, green beans, carrots and cabbage; continue stir-frying for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and sprinkle the spice mixture over the vegetables. Cover the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Remove the lid and pour the water over the vegetables; continue cooking/stirring until the vegetables are evenly coated.
Serve with our chickpea curry recipe on top of brown basmati rice. For this version I added some leftover paneer to the last 5 minutes of cooking. You may also like to add a dollop of cucumber raita to cool the heat of the chiles down.