A little wordy for a title but I couldn’t leave anything out!
In the mood for a chocolate chip cookie? Believe me, we have tried soooo many variations of vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookies but these turned out the best, by far!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup gluten free oats (we used Only Oats brand)
- 1 tsp Xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of melted Earth Balance ‘butter sticks’
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (you could use coconut sugar if you prefer)
- 2 egg replacements…we used 3 tbsp of unsweetened apple sauce. You can also use flax eggs to replace.
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup more gluten free oats
- a sprinkling of sea salt
- Heat the oven to 350F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add melted butter and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Add in the egg replacer and vanilla. Blend again until completely combined
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and xantam gum. Just add the first bit of oats (1 cup). Mix up until blended.
- Slowly, while mixing, add the dry to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add in by folding or mixing slowly the chocolate chips and the 1/2 cup of oats.
- Scoop onto parchment. Flatten with a spoon or fork. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes. Our oven took about 10 minutes depending on the size.
- Take out and let cool.
- Get a big glass of almond milk or a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!