So we took a little break but we are back and baking!
What better way to come back to the blog than by sharing something chocolate! This cookie is gluten free and vegan and chocolatey and chewy goodness.
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg replacer…we used 1 tbsp chia seeds with 2 tbsp of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats-gluten free Only Oats are what we used
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together in a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, the Earth Balance and the sugar. Mix until combined and fluffy consistency.
- Add the chia egg and vanilla, and beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, xantham gum, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to the wet ingredients in the mixer bowl and mix just until combined. Add rolled oats and the cranberries.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once you take them out, they may be very soft but the cookies with crisp on the outside if you let them cool. The insides will remain nice a chewy gooey though!
What’s not to love about Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chips all together?
How about the fact that they are vegan and gluten free? OH and super easy to make!
Don’t be afraid! They really are easy!
and I have to say….
- ¾ cup peanut butter – we like to use the au naturale stuff.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 Flax egg or other egg substitute.
- ¾ cup brown rice flour – other gf flours should do the trick as well, but maybe not white rice as the cookies may break apart too easily.
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips- if you want to make sure they stay vegan, use Enjoy Life or Cococomino.
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Heat the over to 350 F and parchment the cookie sheets.
- In a big bowl, whisk or use your stand mixer to whisk the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, flax egg all together.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Change your mixer to a paddle, or use a large spoon to mix the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture.
- Add in the vanilla, the oats and finally the chocolate chips.
- Form balls with the cookie dough and bake for 10-13 minutes on 350F
Once they have cooled, grab a stack and enjoy! They would even make a great little energy pick up before a work out or in the middle of the day when your head wants to hit the desk. Oh…is that just me? 😉