So we took a little break but we are back and baking!
What better way to come back to the blog than by sharing something chocolate! This cookie is gluten free and vegan and chocolatey and chewy goodness.
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg replacer…we used 1 tbsp chia seeds with 2 tbsp of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats-gluten free Only Oats are what we used
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together in a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer, the Earth Balance and the sugar. Mix until combined and fluffy consistency.
- Add the chia egg and vanilla, and beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, xantham gum, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add to the wet ingredients in the mixer bowl and mix just until combined. Add rolled oats and the cranberries.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once you take them out, they may be very soft but the cookies with crisp on the outside if you let them cool. The insides will remain nice a chewy gooey though!